Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One ROUGH week!

-It all started last Sunday when Sean fell backwards and somehow managed to cut and seperate that little piece of tissue under his top lip. It bled so bad! Derek wanted a doctor to check it out so we went to the E.R. It stopped bleeding, but there was really nothing to do except let it heal on it's own. Poor guy!

-Monday was Sean's 15 month appointment. The doctor wants to give Sean 4-6 weeks to start walking before we look into some help. He also got his chicken pox shot. Ouch!

-On Tuesday Derek came home from work early with a fever. He was shivering, shaking, sweating, etc.

-Wednesday I came down with whatever Derek had. Great, now we're BOTH running fevers above 102. My mom came over to get Sean after work and returned him at bedtime. We were able to nap and rest a little.

-Thursday morning Sean slips in the entry way and busts his lip. Doesn't bleed too bad, and is only puffy for a little bit. Poor thing!! Derek and I are still sick and running fevers, and my mom took the day off... so she picks up Sean at about noon and keeps him 'til bedtime again. Thank you!!!

-On Friday Sean gets sick and is running a fever of 101.8. We take him to urgent care and get antibiotics for an ear infection. My poor poor baby!

-Saturday, I'm still not feeling any better, I'm still running a fever, and my face is in pain. Sean's looking pitiful, so I call my mom to take me to urgent care. After a very long wait, I find out I have a sinus infections, and ear infections. I too get antibiotics.

-On Sunday, we're all just a bunch of run-down sickypoos. My parents call us the leper colony, but still come by to bring us dinner.

-We're all recovering now, and I'm still working on disinfecting our home. I'm ready to get back to normal life again!

2 comments:

Audra said...

I wouldn't worry to much about Sean not walking yet. Ephraim did not walk until he was 15 months old and I was really worried and I had two pediatricians told me not to worry until he was 2. He will get it. The longer he crawls the smarter he will be. Crawling helps with reading, math, and writing. Sorry to hear you guys had such a horrid week. Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

What a week you guys have had!