Last week, Derek and I went to a taping of The Price Is Right up in LA for Derek's 29th birthday. Sean spent the night at my parents' house (his first sleep-over) and we drove up to LA the night before the show and stayed at a hotel across from the CBS studio. We had to be at the studio at 6:00AM for the 1:00pm taping. And so, that morning, we woke up at 5:00, got showered a ready... and then I realized I didn't pack the toothpaste and the dinky hotel didn't have any. Derek was saying there would be no way they'd pick us as contestants with nasty breath! So, before heading to the studio we went to a gas staion to buy toothpaste and we both brushed our teeth there in the gas station men's room (the key wasn't working for the women's room). Nice start to the day! Anyway, I won't bore you with all the details of the day. Basically, it was a LOT of stand in this line, get a number, move to this line, sit in numerical order on this bench, switch benches, get a new number, get in numerical order on another bench, and another, and another, and another, etc. for about 7 hours. There were short interviews (that's how they pick their contenstants) and you HAVE TO be perky and happy and friendly. I mean, c'mon, have you ever seen The Price Is Right? It's all about energy. Man, it's exhausting! Then, once we were let in just before 1:00pm there was dancing, dancing, and more dancing.
When the show finally started it was such a high! Jumping and yelling and clapping!! Drew Carey was so funny and talked to the audience a lot during commerical breaks. No, we weren't called down to play, but the guy 2 seats from us was. We basically spent the whole day with him and his girldfriend because they were next to us in lines all day. When his name was called he jumped up and got tangled in his girldfriend's legs and my legs. I wonder how that'll look on TV. He made it to the Showcase Showdown at the end, but lost.
It was a great, but VEEEERY exhausting day. I can't describe how drained and sore and spent I felt that evening. What a long day! What an experience!
P.S. The show we attended will be aired on June 10 on CBS.

No comments:
Post a Comment