Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Long overdue...

Sorry for the gaps in blogging lately. I blame it on my classes and Facebook.
Quick story: On Monday Sean had speech and physical therapy. I got him dressed, hair brushed, socks on and then went to get dressed myself. At the last minute I decided to take a quick shower. I'm washing my face when I turn around and see Sean in the shower with me fully-dressed! He just looked at me like, "What? This isn't okay?"

So anyway, Sean continually reminds me that I have a 2 year old. All in all he's a very happy, calm, laid-back little kiddo. Inside, he's still a typical 2 year old, though. He teaches me patience everyday. He's also learning the art of procrastination (especially at bedtime). In the past week or two he's gotten more clingy. From what I hear this phase is common at this age. It's very sweet and I'm flattered, but it can be so exhausting. Little changes like these remind me that my baby's growing up. I'm often in awe when I look at him...

The other night he wasn't feeling well and woke up a couple hours after he went to bed. He just wanted to cuddle. So we cuddled in the recliner in his room. He fell asleep almost immediately. I almost put him right back in his crib so I could go to sleep too--but instead I sat there with him sleeping on my chest because I knew one day he'd be all grown up. Despite how tired I was, I knew I'd want these moments back one day. So I stayed there for about an hour looking at his face in the moonlight and running my fingers through his hair.

Here are some random pictures from the last few months:


Bundled up in the mountains.

Helping Daddy fix the vacuum.


"I can do it myself!"

Just chillin' before bedtime.

2 comments:

The Dobrons said...

I love that you took that moment. You WILL remember it looking back. lately I've been doing that too. Sometimes I'll rub Allison's back as she falls asleep at night and I just watch her peacefully sleep. Those times never come back. We have to soak them in!

Barbara said...

Hey! I just found YOUR blog :) Such a sweet post. Sean is such a great kid, I'm glad he let you sit with him while he slept. I don't think my boy would go for that anymore.